Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
Reedsburg Area Medical Center is currently recruiting an RN to join our team in the Emergency Room Department!
Shift: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Hours: 24 per week
Schedule: Rotating days, every third weekend
- JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
Education and Training Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS certification.
- LPN, CNA or Paramedic license/certificate preferred.
- Current EMT certification or EMT-I considered or completed the first year of 2-year RN program.
- Basic arrhythmia course (may obtain within one year of hire)
- Medical terminology
- One (1) year of experience in an acute care hospital setting or in ambulance preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands:
- Occasionally sits at desk.
- Frequently stands and walks to perform tasks.
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds of materials such as patients and equipment, or while transferring and positioning patients and equipment.
- Occasionally pushes and/or pulls with up to 50 pounds of force when moving carts and other equipment.
- Occasionally carries up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally requires lifting overhead while doing procedures and working with monitors.
- Frequently bend to the floor, squat to handle linen, assist with patient care, and retrieve supplies.
- A continuous good balance for patient safety.
- Frequently requires using fine motor skills for the operation of needles, syringes, vials, clinical devices and supplies, computers, monitors, and telephone equipment.
- Continuously requires visual acuity with correction to 20/40 to read written and computer information.
- Frequent near sighted and visual acuity is needed for computer work, reading monitors and other equipment.
- Continuously requires the visual acuity to be able to do special perception, peripheral vision, depth perception, perceive color differences and accommodation to provide safe patient care.
- Frequently requires effectively communicating with other staff, physicians, volunteers and customers using hearing skills, comprehensive speech, simple writing, and simple reading skills.
- Frequently communicates utilizing various methods available: telephone, paging, email, print, or in person.
- Frequently requires recognizing and using medical terminology.
- Occasionally uses simple math skills for performing medication calculations.
- Environmental Conditions:
- Continuously works indoors, in the patient environment with occasional unpleasant noises or smells.
- Occasionally need to go outside to help transport patients into the hospital.
- Frequently is exposed to glare from computer screens.
- Potential Hazards:
- OSHA Blood Borne Classification Class I.
- Frequent exposure to infectious blood and body fluids and disease requiring isolation inherent to caring for ill patient(s).
- Occasional exposure to blood/body fluids and needles/syringes/sharps during invasive procedures and treatments.
- Occasional exposure to chemical compounds of medications and treatment.
- Psychological, Situational, Functional Factors:
- Occasionally performs work independently under stressful circumstances.
- Occasionally requires managing of conflict and difficult situations related to department.
- Frequently requires using flexibility in prioritizing, changing, and performing assigned tasks.
- Continuously requires using appropriate interpersonal skills when working with others.
- Continuously performs tasks within assigned timeframe, with consistency and accuracy.
- Occasionally requires maintaining of concentration while performing prolonged job tasks.
- Occasionally requires using influential skills when dealing with patients, families and peers.
- Physical Demands: