JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for ag production department or structural department welding projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Welder has knowledge of commonly used welding concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the job.
Specifically, in only Structural Welding Department:
• Learn full-pen welds.
• Use a torch, hand held plasma torch, carbon arc.
Specifically, in both Ag Production & Structural Welding Departments:
• Weld in GMAW Process.
• Read and interpret weld symbols.
• Follow weld marking requirements.
• Ensure completed welds are of acceptable visual quality.
• Operate overhead cranes.
• Utilize resources to ensure efficient and timely completion of work.
• Understand and follow all McFarlane quality and safety procedures.
• Perform additional duties as requested.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent; technical degree in welding preferred.
2. Metal materials methods a plus.
3. Able to read tape measure to the 1/16 of an inch.
4. Forklift certified or ability to obtain certification, preferred.
5. Proven self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision; take instruction from bench leader, as needed.
6. Possess good interpersonal communication skills to work well with others.
7. Strong problem solving skills.
8. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
9. Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
SAFETY / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip; reach; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to do repetitive work. Must wear safety glasses while in the production area. Able to supply own welding helmet and safety shoes. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to working with great people, members of the McFarlane Mfg. Co. team are eligible to receive competitive benefits which include group health, health savings account with match, dental, vision, paid life and disability insurances, training opportunities, 401k with match, Paid Time Off to use after 45 days, Paid Holidays, Retail Service Center discount, company events, EAP and more. To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants should submit resume to: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Inc., HR, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com