Summer Tent Crew Team Member
JOB SUMMARY: Represent McFarlanes’ True Value as a Seasonal Tent Crew Team Member during the busy summer months.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Effectively and efficiently handle customer rental deliveries and break downs. Ensure rental items are in clean and operational condition prior to time of delivery.
- Load and unload trucks; assist with delivery of a variety of rental products.
- Set up and install tents, tables, chairs, dance floors, power tools, lawn/garden and other project equipment throughout south central WI.
- Break-down/tear-down, dismantle tents, tables, chairs, and dance floors and return to McFarlanes’.
- Ensure customer understanding of rental rules (ex: date and time due and proper cleaning of rental item).
- Ensure customer understanding of how rental items operate.
- Check-out/Check-in and inspect rental equipment for damages, defects, or shortages.
- Monitor equipment and report repairs/maintenance as needed; tag equipment as needed for cleaning/repair; clean rental equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior customer service experience, preferred.
- Prior tent crew experience, preferred.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Possess strong verbal inter-personal and client facing communication skills to interact with customers and co-workers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and promote teamwork.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, occasional extreme temperatures, and on a variety of types of terrain.
- Ability to follow GPS and read maps.
- Willing and able to take direction from a team leader.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must frequently lift/move/carry heavy rental equipment over 50 lbs.; occasionally 75 lbs. Will need to pound stakes for tent setup. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlanes’ True Value, Human Resources, 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com