JOB SUMMARY: Plan and coordinate operations of auto/ tire service department. Maintain systems and procedures for operating efficiency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Required to facilitate service activities, programs & projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets; coordinate interdepartmental functions to minimize delays; meet with departmental members on regular basis to review project status and plan future actions.
- Ensure technicians verify customer information as current in the system and on all work orders.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and ensure customer’s needs are met and completed in a timely fashion, keeping communication lines with customer open and clear.
- Accurately provide service estimates.
- Accurately detail work orders utilizing mechanic information.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the service desk area.
- Support functions for time/job recording.
- Coordinate hauling of equipment if necessary.
- Collection of payment for work performed.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Regularly scheduled attendance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFCATIONS:
- Prefer a two (2) year technical degree in an engine service-related field.
- Four (4) years’ prior Service Writer experience, preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of engine service-related processes and materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
SAFETY / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position can be active. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time; walk through service shop; talk and hear. This job operates in a service setting. This role uses office equipment such as computers and phones, photocopiers. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and distance vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive benefits offered include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account, Paid Training Opportunities, Generous Employee Discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlanes’, Human Resources, 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com