Service Tech Assistant/ Shop Porter
Job Summary: The Service Tech Assistant/ Shop Porter will assist and support a busy agricultural equipment service center. Responsible for miscellaneous duties in order to ensure customer needs are met and dealer equipment is in good working order.
Duties & Responsibilities: Provide outstanding customer service, responding to customer needs for Small Engine Service in Shop.
- Provide excellent customer service by loading and unloading customer equipment brought in for maintenance or repair.
- Helps maintain good working condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Assists service technicians by finding and retrieving parts and inventory needed for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments.
- Ensure quality customer care by meeting specific required hours of position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
Education & Experience and Skills & Qualifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience, preferred.
- Experience in a service shop with working knowledge of special tools and equipment needed for assembly or repair of agricultural and turf equipment, preferred.
- Current Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Ability to be punctual and meet the specific time requirements for the position.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment all while maintaining a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must frequently pull/lift/move/carry up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health/ health savings account with match, dental, vision, life/disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Retail Service Center discount, Employee Assistance Program, company-sponsored events and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlanes’, 780 Carolina St, Sauk City, WI; mail to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583