Retail Sales Associate/Point of Sales
JOB SUMMARY: The retail sales associate/POS position is responsible for maintaining customer service, generating sales, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all McFarlanes’ company policy / store standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of product information, merchandise promotions and advertisements; may assist in floor moves, merchandising and display maintenance.
- Responsible for actively promoting the True Value Rewards Program; understanding and coordinating the enrollment process of McFarlanes’ customers not participating in the Program.
- Assist in store housekeeping; maintain clean and orderly cash register area.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Accept payment and make change; accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers. Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise; communicate customer requests to management, as needed.
- Days and hours of work vary by schedule.
- Performs other duties assigned as requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous retail customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to maintain excellent customer focus at all times with friendly, positive persona.
- Possess proficient written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative to ensure and accomplish all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
- Proficient in math.
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical manner, with integrity to be honest; to be accountable and take responsibility for scheduled work times; and to be dedicated to the job with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires long periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, lifting and reaching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, life, and disability insurances; 401k with match; Paid Time Off available after 45 days of employment; paid holidays; company sponsored events; a generous McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center Employee Discount, and more! To be considered for this opportunity please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com, submit resume to or apply in person at: McFarlanes’, Attn: HR, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583; or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com.