Precision Ag Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Conducts direct sales for precision planting equipment sold and serviced by McFarlanes’. Performs systems/ equipment installations and provides technical support for assigned product lines. Provide solutions to fill needs identified by customers to include new & used agricultural equipment and associated technology.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Working as part of dedicated sales and service teams to provide the best in customer service and satisfaction, while maintaining existing client relationships and fostering new clientele opportunities.
1) Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads; drive precision farming technologies adoption on equipment through region.
2) Quote prices, prepare sales contracts for orders obtained; promote use of McFarlanes’ Farm Plan Credit program as a selling tool.
3) Facilitate precision farming practices for area farmers; conduct technology support service plans for customer equipment; provide in-season technology support; participate in field demonstrations of new equipment, alongside Product Support Specialist and operate demonstration equipment in customer’s field as required.
a) Maintain current product knowledge on all new and used agricultural equipment commonly used in area of responsibility.
b) Maintain current knowledge of used equipment values with ability to appraise and evaluate effectively for proper valuation of trades.
c) Maintain current knowledge of agronomy and common agricultural planting, tillage and harvesting techniques utilized in region and make recommendations to improve customer’s operation utilizing existing and new technology.
4) Grow aftermarket and retrofit precision farming technologies sales by offering best available partner solutions; install equipment.
5) Provide customer service via post planting follow-up, field checks and handling customer complaints.
6) Prepare reports of business transactions and expense accounts.
7) Other duties as assigned.
8) Regular attendance is an essential function.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related field or high school diploma or equivalent with 5 years’ experience in ag equipment sales or service; minimum 3 years’ experience in precision ag technology sales, preferred.
• Fundamental understanding of all facets of precision agriculture practices with thorough knowledge of ag technology products and related capabilities on farm, machinery and/ or mechanics.
• Demonstrated organization, time management, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong work ethic and self-motivated; ability to work independently and take initiative; or work as part of a team.
• Proven professional communication skills with ability to explain value proposition of benefits to farmers; ability to be persuasive while providing top-notch customer service and remaining dedicated to bottom line.
• Strong computer skills; proficiency with MS Office, preferred.
• Possess valid drivers’ license with ability to be insurable by McFarlane Mfg. Co. insurer.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and occasional weekends, as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires driving, standing, walking, sitting, using computer, printer, and telephone. Close and distance vision required. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Competitive benefits offered include health plus health savings account, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Training Opportunities, Generous Employee Discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-3976 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com