JOB SUMMARY: The machine operator has knowledge of commonly used production machine operation concepts, practices and procedures and relies on pre-established guidelines to perform job. Under general supervision operates various production machinery, including plasma and saws, tools and equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Operate press, brake, saw, plasma, CNC machine. Use variety of measurement instruments, with timely completion of work load.
- Run saw, press brake, drill line, turning center safely and productively.
- Run crane and obtain own material.
- Read prints to cut pitches, mitre cuts.
- Use small hand tools, assembly jigs and fixtures; operate small floor or bench type machines.
- Locate and ensure correct material is pulled to work center.
- Assist with layout; interpret specifications, blueprints and work instructions; work from drawings, specifications and job layouts; check work; ensure nesting program matches print with job order.
- Ensure proper nesting to avoid waste of material.
- Complete production reports.
- Complete assignments on time and correctly; ensure jobs are staged correctly and tagged appropriately after completion.
- Assist with routine maintenance on machines; continually maintain a clean working environment; ensure machines are working properly.
- Practice safe work habits and follow general safety procedures; demonstrate accountability for all safety procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years’ prior production experience including experience in production machining; fork lift operation; crane & other lifting devices operation; willingness to learn together with less than 3 years’ experience considered.
- Must be able to dimension material thickness and part dimensions accurately.
- Must be able to read and understand prints, having detailed skill with various prints and drawings.
- Must be able to read and understand measuring devices to 1/16 of an inch.
- Proven self-starter with ability to take instruction as needed.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills with ability to act as a team player.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to use sound judgment to make critical decisions; ability to work well under pressure when needed.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, twist, squat and reach throughout an entire shift. Ability to lift 50 lbs, ocassionally up to 75 lbs. Must wear PPE while on production floor. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Members of the McFarlane Mfg. Co. team are eligible to receive competitive benefits which include group health, health savings account with match, dental, vision, paid life and disability insurances, training opportunities, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Retail Service Center discount, company events, EAP and more. To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants should submit resume to: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Inc., HR, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com