Finished Goods & Assembly Lead
JOB SUMMARY: This is a working lead position responsible for ownership of day-to-day assembly activities and work assignments as communicated by Supervisors and Manager. Duties include directing flow, assembly and loading of all pieces/parts/assemblies related to the assembly process.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES: Team leadership, training, problem solving, assigning, directing and checking work; addressing minor complaints and communicating information to Supervisors and Management.
- Provide leadership to the finished goods assembly team focused on Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Lead assembly activities including parts flow pre/post painting process to assembly completion ensuring parts are available when needed.
- Responsible for clear communication of tasks and work instructions to team members.
- Responsible for the final in-depth quality inspection of finished goods including resolution of all quality issues prior to shipment.
- Assists Supervisors and Manager with identifying continuous improvements related to production flow, organization, headcount, overtime and operational efficiencies.
- Identify and champion team training opportunities that support/ guide core business needs and values.
- Package and load finished products for shipment.
- Lead by example approach to general safety procedures, workplace ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Assist in Manufacturing/Engineering prototypes or R&D projects as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience or training in manufacturing environment with mechanical assembly.
- Must be able to read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and assembly drawings.
- Must be able to use and understand simple mathematics, using addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals.
- Must have working knowledge of power or hand tools.
- Must have ability to be forklift certified and operate overhead lifting devices.
- OSHA 10 training is preferred.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform assembly; must be able to lift 50 lbs.; must wear safety glasses while in the production area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury to self or others. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off and more! To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanefg.com; apply in person at McFarlanes’, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI; or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com