Final Assembly Setup Technician
JOB SUMMARY: The Final Assembly Setup (FAS) Technician will perform new tillage equipment setup, assembly work on engineering and/ or customer owned agricultural equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The FAS Technician is responsible for performing tillage equipment setup and other miscellaneous duties to ensure proper setup of both customer and dealer equipment.
• Performs basic assembly and diagnostics of agricultural tillage equipment focused on Safety, Quality & Productivity.
• Participates in training opportunities and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Maintains current knowledge of McFarlane tillage equipment and products.
• Maintains cycle counts and Point of Use inventory, tools, and equipment.
• Assist in Manufacturing/ Engineering prototypes or R&D projects, as assigned.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments including use of PPE.
• Completes all quality reports, Corrective Actions and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Accounts for all time on timecard and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. HS Diploma or equivalent; related technical degree, preferred.
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a setup technician, preferred.
3. Ability to perform equipment setup and related required assembly, using special tools and equipment.
4. Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the setup of agricultural equipment.
5. Demonstrate accountability for all safety procedures.
6. Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
7. Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
8. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
9. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting, twisting, pushing, reaching and grasping; close vision and distance vision used. The team member must frequently pull/lift/move/carry up to 75 lbs. Must wear proper PPE while on the production floor. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, vision, life/disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Retail Service Center discount, Employee Assistance Program, company-sponsored events and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlanes’, 780 Carolina St, Sauk City, WI; mail to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583