Engineer, Manufacturing, and Controls
JOB SUMMARY: Work independently on development of mechanical designs and adaptations. Act as Subject Matter Expert for electro-mechanical hardware & software, including robotic welding, material handling, and equipment controls. Support manufacturing production by monitoring for proper functioning and coordinating service through external contractors, as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES: Oversee projects to ensure activities, schedules, and budgets remain up to date. Meet with team members on a regular basis to review future actions. Compliment development and implementation of engineering test plans for a particular product, process, or problem area. Support manufacturing production with engineering support.
- Responsible for CAD/CAM models, drawings, design, and maintenance
- Competent in programming robotic PLC, HMI, and control software (specifically Yaskawa/Motoman)
- Assist with design, layout, detailing, BOM creation
- Identify and maintain appropriate policies and procedures for department in areas of CAD, CA, ECN and BOM
- Prepare or assist in preparing engineering computations, product cost estimates and design documentation.
- Develop designs as assigned.
- Oversee and/ or assist in design and development of tools and processes utilized for most efficient manufacturing methods, including robotics/ automation.
- Create Corrective Actions for issues found while evaluating equipment reliability and performance; assist in exploring alternative solutions and resolving product design and/ or manufacturing issues.
- Improve manufacturing efficiencies, product/ process design, and improvements to both with customer experience in mind.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Associate Degree in Electrical/ Industrial/ Automation Engineering or related technical disciplines with a robotic control’s emphasis preferred; equivalent experience in electrical/industrial/automation engineering considered.
- Hands on experience with automation, machine controls, robotics, and welding; with knowledge of systems integration, welding principles, and equipment maintenance
- Possess a thorough understanding of use of diagnostic and remedial tools with hands-on experience in first level troubleshooting of electrical and hydraulics preferred; familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes and materials used/ prior experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience with computer software and hardware including Computer Aided Design, spreadsheets, word processing, with minimum of two (2) years practical experience in design work.
- Ability to read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and assembly drawings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership quality communication, interpersonal, and mentoring skills required; possess excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and proactive communication skills; with strong floor presence and
ability to interact with team and customers in various positions and settings.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative to work independently or in small teams.
- Maintain positive working relationships with McFarlane personnel, dealers, and key end-users.
- Ability to accept accountability for both assigned outcome-based projects and defined goals/ objectives across multiple McFarlane Mfg. Co. departments.
- Proficient with MS Office or related software.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Team member must: be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform assembly; be able to lift 50 lbs.; wear proper PPE while on production floor. While performing duties of this job, team member frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Constant care is required in operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury. Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health/ health savings account with match, dental, vision, life/disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Retail Service Center discount, Employee Assistance Program, company-sponsored events and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlanes’, 780 Carolina St, Sauk City, WI; mail to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583