JOB SUMMARY: High level engineering work involving broad design assignments. Plans and directs engineering associated with a major project(s) through all phases of innovation and development. Estabilishes priorities for work assigned, self-assigned and assigned/delegated to others. Provides work direction and technical expertise to supporting personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Will be required to oversee programs/projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedule, and budgets; coordinate interdepartmental functions to minimize delays; meet with departmental members on regular basis to review program status and plan future actions.
- Manage the new product development process from initiation of new product concepts through production for specific projects.
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering and Vendors to create and maintain new product scopes.
- Create and manage project timelines, flowcharts, status reports and updates for project teams and management.
- Responsible for team organization, task management & follow through, team meeting facilitation and communication of activities.
- Responsible for the development of engineering plans and designs for a particular product or problem area in accordance with established specifications, schedule, and budgets.
- Lead or assist inter-departmental groups for product development, product maintenance and product improvements to ensure product integrity and to minimize delays in project completion.
- Responsible for investigation and analysis of new materials, processes, products, and equipment to ensure safety and quality regarding the design and manufacturing of products.
- Responsible for research and development of testing equipment, processes, and programs.
- Establishes test requirements if not previously specified. Develop, perform, and direct the testing of new products and prototypes to verify product reliability.
- Analyze quotations and bids and works with other key areas to make recommendations.
- Perform or assist with design, layout and detailing of engineering drawings to ensure they meet proper specs.
- Creates and maintain Bills of Materials, Corrective Actions and Engineering change notices.
- Develop and analyze project expenses and costs.
- Prepare engineering computations, product cost estimates and design documentation.
- Direct Designer in preparation of drawings and maintenance and change documents then reviews and approves work performed.
- Performs other duties when required or requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with computer software and hardware including Computer Aided Design, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an Engineering group. This group should provide experience in product design, project management, product maintenance.
- Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes and materials used.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must wear proper PPE while on the production floor. Employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, talk and hear. Close and distance vision required. Utilize standard office equipment, computer keyboard and monitor. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures, leading by example. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Competitive benefits offered include health with health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with Match, Paid Time Off available after 45 days of employment, flexible schedule, EAP, Paid Training Opportunities, Generous Employee Discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, 1330 Dallas St., P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-3976 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com