AG SERVICE WRITER
JOB SUMMARY: Plan and coordinate tasks for Ag Service Department. Maintain systems and procedures for operating efficiency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with facilitation of service activities, programs & projects to ensure service activities are carried out according to schedule.
• Verify customer information as current in the system and on all work orders.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times and ensure customer’s needs are met and completed in a timely fashion, keeping communication lines with customer open and clear.
• Accurately provide ag service estimates.
• Accurately detail work orders utilizing mechanic information.
• Maintain overall cleanliness of the service desk area.
• Support functions for time/job recording.
• Collection of payment for work performed.
• Perform additional duties as requested.
• Regularly scheduled attendance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFCATIONS:
1. Prefer a two (2) year technical degree in an agricultural equipment or diesel service-related field.
2. Four (4) years’ prior experience working as a technician, preferred.
3. Previous Service Writing experience with strong customer service skills required.
4. Familiarity with a variety of engine service-related processes and materials.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
7. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
SAFETY / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position can be active. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time; walk through service shop; talk and hear. This job operates in a service setting. This role uses office equipment such as computers and phones, photocopiers. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and distance vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive benefits offered include health with health savings and account with employer match, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Paid Training Opportunities, Generous Retail Service Center Discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlanes’, Human Resources, 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com