JOB SUMMARY: The Accounts Receivable role is responsible for functions related to accounts receivable transactions. Position covers daytime hours.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs day-to-day financial transactions that include classifying, verifying, recording, and computing receivables.
- Prepare, record, and verify accounts receivable transactions.
- Ensure transactions from various systems are correctly transferred to the general ledger.
- Follow-up on open orders with retail department managers, ensuring invoices are closed timely.
- Ensure accurate transaction entry into accounting software, including verification using reconciliations.
- Manage Fixed Asset system and make entries for monthly depreciation.
- Inform Controller throughout status of month-end close.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly reconciliations are facilitated and completed.
- Conduct cash handling and reconciliation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior cash handling experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience working with spreadsheets and database software.
- Specific experience working in accounting software; Epicor experience preferred.
- Strong math skills with proven aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Possess a professional attitude with an ability to interact well with others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to act with discretion, honesty and integrity; recognize need for confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work scheduled hours, as needed.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear in an office environment, utilizing office equipment such as computer keyboard and monitor, adding machine, copier, and multi-line phone; required to lift up to 25 lbs. on occasion. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures, leading by example. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time McFarlane Mfg. Co. team members are eligible to receive competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits which include group health, health savings account with match, dental, vision, paid life and disability insurances, training opportunities, 401k with match, Paid Time Off to use after 45 days, Paid Holidays, Retail Service Center discount, company events, EAP and more! To be considered for this opportunity, qualified applicants are asked to submit resume to: McFarlane Mfg. Co., Inc., HR, 780 Carolina Street, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com