UAS Drone Pilot
We believe our company is only as good as the individuals it is comprised of, which is why we seek to hire the best! Edge Consulting Engineers, Inc. was founded in 2002 and is a full-service engineering consulting firm offering civil, structural, environmental and telecommunication engineering services to public and private sector clients throughout the upper Midwest. We are proudly headquartered in Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin on the bank of the Wisconsin River, with a branch office in Burnsville, MN. We are dedicated to the long-term success of our clients, their projects, our company, and the people within our organization. As a result, we go beyond completing the specific tasks we are assigned, and do what is necessary to exceed expectations. If this philosophy aligns with your own, consider a career opportunity with Edge!
UAS Drone Pilot Prairie du Sac, WI
Regular, Full-Time, Hourly or Salary depending on qualifications
Edge Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual interested in becoming a Drone Pilot and field technician. We are willing to help the right candidate train and obtain their drone pilot’s license.
This is a full-time position based in our Prairie du Sac, WI office, however, our pilots travel extensively across the U.S. You will be working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry assisting our Telecommunications team with the surveying, inspection, mapping, and capturing of data used in the 3D Modeling of cellular towers. Field work is conducted independently through the safe and effective operation of drone equipment, visual inspections, photos, and documentation, while paying careful attention to detailed operating procedures and client specifications.
- Utilizing drone equipment, cameras, and a laptop to capture all necessary site, tower and/or equipment details for the use of surveying, inspecting, mapping and 3D modeling of tower sites in accordance with company guidelines and customer specifications
- Effectively partnering and communicating with others on the Telecommunications Team to ensure data and images are shared in a timely and organized manner to meet the needs of the organization and client deadlines/specifications
- Performing routine maintenance and safety inspections of all drone equipment to ensure its safe operation before flight as well as post-flight inspection; troubleshooting issues on-site and/or ensuring any concerns are properly documented and reported for repair
- Assisting with organizing data and images and/or writing reports to be utilized by both internal and external customers
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements surrounding the services provided to clients
- Remote Pilot Certification from the FAA (UAS Part 107 license) is required. Prior licensing is preferred, or candidate must obtain a license within 30 days of hire (testing fees and related expenses reimbursable upon successful attainment of license)
- Interest in or willingness to travel across the U.S. (both air and ground travel) required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong technical aptitude, problem solving skills, and a willingness to troubleshoot routine drone operating issues in a safe and effective manner are necessary
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, while following detailed work directions, guidelines and client specifications is required
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, while consistently performing quality work and meeting deadlines is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship
Why Choose Edge Consulting Engineers?
We offer a competitive salary, with the potential to earn quarterly performance-based bonuses, and a wide array of benefits to help you care for your health and wellness and meet your personal needs outside of work as well. We believe in helping you save for your future by offering a 401(K) plan with a generous company match, as well as a profit sharing plan. We also enjoy a fun work environment that includes periodic company sponsored events and team building activities.
What type of person thrives at Edge Consulting? Individuals who:
- enjoy working on cutting edge telecommunications networks and fast paced projects;
- thrive in a challenging atmosphere and desire the ability to work with a team to help our clients succeed;
- are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and won’t back down from a challenge;
- want to work for a company that is focused on long-term success rather than the next quarter;
- are committed to personal growth and development and take a continuous learning approach.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Visit our website www.edgeconsult.com for more information about the company and the markets that we serve.