Tower Technician - UAS Drone Pilot / Climber / Welding Inspector
We believe our company is only as good as the individuals it is comprised of, which is why we seek to hire the best! Edge Consulting Engineers, Inc. was founded in 2002 and is a full-service engineering consulting firm offering civil, structural, environmental, geotechnical, and telecommunication engineering services to both public and private sector clients. We are dedicated to the long-term success of our clients, their projects, our company, and the people within our organization. As a result, we go beyond completing the specific tasks we are assigned and do what is necessary to exceed expectations. If this philosophy aligns with your own, consider a career opportunity with Edge!
We are seeking a highly motivated and safety-oriented Tower Technician (Tower Climber / UAS Drone Pilot / Welding Inspector) to become an integral member of our Wireless Telecommunications team. This is a full-time position based in our Prairie du Sac, WI office, however, our Tower Technicians travel extensively across the U.S. to meet our clients’ needs. You will be working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry assisting our Telecommunications team with the surveying, inspection, mapping, and capturing of data used in the 3D Modeling of cellular towers. Field work is conducted independently through the safe and effective operation of drone equipment when feasible. However, climbing towers will also be required as needed. If you do not have prior climbing experience Edge Consulting will provide all climbing equipment and training necessary.
- Climbing towers up to 500 feet in height for the purpose of performing weld inspections, structural integrity evaluations, and equipment audits (including mounts, platforms, antennas, RRU’s and other related telecom equipment); transporting equipment weighing up to 30 lbs to and from job sites may be required.
- Operating drone equipment, cameras, iPads, and a laptop to capture all necessary site, tower and/or equipment details for the use of surveying, inspecting, mapping and 3D modeling of tower sites in accordance with company guidelines and customer specifications
- Effectively partnering and communicating with others on the Telecommunications Team to ensure data, reports, and images are shared in a timely and organized manner to meet the needs of the organization and client deliverables; May also interact with other contractors, governing authorities, client representatives, or the public while performing field work
- Assisting with organizing data and images and/or writing reports to be utilized by both internal and external customers
- Performing routine maintenance and safety inspections of all drone equipment to ensure its safe operation before flight as well as post-flight inspection; troubleshooting issues on-site and/or ensuring any concerns are properly documented and reported for repair
- Strictly abiding by all company safety guidelines and FAA or other regulatory rules and requirements
- Participating in training and attaining certifications relevant to the responsibilities of the position, as determined by the company, client, or other regulatory agencies
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements surrounding the services provided to clients
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency in meeting client commitments and deadlines with an unwavering focus on quality and safety
- High School diploma or GED
- Willing/able to travel extensively (70-90%) across the U.S. (both air and ground travel)
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and good driving record (eligible to be insured under company insurance policy)
- Remote Pilot Certification from the FAA (UAS Part 107 license) would be preferred. If applicant is not currently licensed Edge Consulting will aid applicant in obtaining their license and will provide training on UAS procedures and requirements.
- Current Level II NDE Certification in MT/UT would be very helpful. However, this is not a requirement for the position.
- Strong technical aptitude, problem solving skills, and a willingness to troubleshoot routine drone operating issues in a safe and effective manner
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, while following detailed work directions, guidelines and client specifications
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, while consistently performing quality work and meeting deadlines
- Physical dexterity and the willingness to routinely work outdoors in a variety of climates, terrains and environmental conditions are required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship
- Reliably commute to Prairie du Sac office
- Prior tower climbing experience is strongly desired, but not a requirement
- Previous drone operating experience strongly desired, but not required
- Knowledge of current FAA regulations and airspace management a plus
- Welding experience is preferred; AWS certification is a plus, but not required
Why Choose Edge Consulting Engineers?
We offer a competitive salary, with the potential to earn quarterly performance-based bonuses, and a wide array of benefits to help you care for your health and wellness and meet your personal needs outside of work as well. We believe in helping you save for your future by offering a 401(K) plan with a generous company match, as well as a profit sharing plan. We also enjoy a fun work environment that includes periodic company sponsored events and team building activities.
What type of person thrives at Edge? Individuals who:
- enjoy working on cutting edge telecommunications networks and fast paced projects;
- thrive in a challenging atmosphere and desire the ability to work as part of a team to help our clients succeed;
- are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and won’t back down from a challenge;
- want to work for a company that is focused on long-term success rather than the next quarter;
- are committed to personal growth and development and take a continuous learning approach.
Visit our website for more information about Edge and the markets that we serve; www.edgeconsult.com
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for Edge Consulting Engineers without the need for sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, status with regard to public assistance, military service, or any other protected status.